Crowdfunding is the act of raising funds online from a large number of people for a specific project, cause, or campaign.
Any UL Lafayette student, faculty member, or staff member wishing to conduct a crowdfunding campaign should use the GeauxForward Platform. Each campaign must identify one student, staff, or faculty member to serve as the campaign manager. If the Campaign Manager is a student, they must have a faculty or staff sponsor. This sponsor will be the signer for the UL Lafayette Foundation account.
All funds raised for the campaign must be deposited into a UL Lafayette Foundation account. There is a 5% gift processing fee per transaction. Funds deposited into campaign accounts will already have these fees removed. After a campaign closes, the UL Lafayette Foundation will provide Campaign Managers and Faculty/Staff Sponsors with a fund balance upon request.
Campaigns should have a group of 3-5 people who can promote the campaign through their personal networks as well as coordinate all marketing efforts. Campaigns who have secured 20-30% of their goal prior to their launch (or within the first 48 hours after their launch) are more likely to reach their total funding goal.
Campaigns will be active on the GeauxForward website for an average of 30 days. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
The UL Lafayette Office of Development will not provide contact information for alumni, parents, friends, or students. It is the campaign team’s responsibility to create a marketing plan and list of potential donors.
Campaign Goals must be clearly defined and must address a university initiative. Campaigns for personal benefit or benefits other than that of the University will not be allowed to use the GeauxForward Platform.
Each campaign must have the approval of the UL Lafayette Office of Development and the respective dean or unit head.
Gifts made through the GeauxForward Platform are tax-deductible.
Funds may not be raised for a third-party organization or a non-affiliated nonprofit (501c3).
Any merchandise or materials produced by the crowdfunding campaign for promotional purposes using the University of Louisiana at Lafayette name, logo, or symbols must follow all university marketing and licensing guidelines. Please find the current Brand Guide here.
By applying to lead a GeauxForward initiative, Campaign managers agree to the following:
- review and understand the GeauxForward Platform Guidelines prior to submitting the application
- serve as the main point of contact for their respective campaigns.
- are responsible for assembling a team to assist with the creation and execution of the campaign
- this team should feel comfortable leveraging their personal networks by asking for monetary support
- oversee development of the campaign marketing plan, timeline, and goals
- will dedicate an average of 2 ½ hours a week to managing the campaign
- provide project updates and send thank you letters to donors
- communicate with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving if any changes to the campaign goals are made
The Office of Development reserves the following rights:
- to approve or deny any campaign
- to edit campaign descriptions, photos, videos, and any additional content that will be published on the GeauxForward site
- to request a list of potential donors prior to the project’s launch date
- to adjust the funding goal of any campaign at any point during the campaign planning or execution process
- to discontinue a campaign at any time due to a campaign manager’s failure to comply with these guidelines
GeauxForward Platform Contact