1. What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is the act of raising funds online from a large number of people for a specific project.
2. Who can start a project on GeauxForward?
Any UL Lafayette student, staff, or faculty member.
3. How do I start a project on GeauxForward?
If you have a campaign idea, read the GeauxForward Guidelines. After reading the guidelines, please fill out the application found here.
1. What are the minimum and maximum gifts I can make?
The minimum gift to any given project is $5. There is no maximum gift; however, if you wish to make a gift larger than $2,000, please contact the Office of Development at (337) 482-0901.
2. When is my credit card charged?
Your credit card is charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site.
3. How is my contact information used?
Your contact information is necessary to process your credit card payment. Campaign managers receive your name and email address so they can thank you for your gift.
4. Are contributions returned if a campaign does not reach its fundraising goal?
No, if a campaign is unable to reach its funding goal, the funds are still allocated for the promoted project. Should any funds remain after the crowdfunding program/project is completed, the UL Lafayette Foundation will transfer any nominal residual to another account having a purpose consistent with the donor’s original intent. If the promoted project cannot be completed for any reason, the monies will be allocated toward a like cause at the discretion of the UL Lafayette Foundation.
Because of the charitable nature of gifts made to the University, refunds are not permitted.
5. Is my contribution publicly displayed?
Only if you choose to share that information. You have the option to make contributions anonymously.
6. Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes, any contribution you make through GeauxForward will be tax-deductible.
7. How do I know if the project reaches its goal?
Updates will be sent periodically, but you can check back to see if the project has been funded.
8. Which kinds of gifts are accepted?
Credit card gifts can be made through the platform. If you would like to support via check, please write the name of the campaign you are supporting in the memo line and mail your check to the address below.
UL Lafayette Foundation
P.O. Box 44290
Lafayette, LA 70504
Campaign Manager FAQ
1. When will I receive the funds that my campaign raises?
Funds will be made available two weeks after the close of your campaign.
2. Why can't I see my completed campaign on the GeauxForward platform site?
Your campaign will not appear until the designated launch date. Please contact the Assistant Director of Annual Giving if you have questions about when your campaign is scheduled to launch.
3. How will I know if my campaign reaches its goal?
Your campaign's progress will be displayed in real time on the GeauxForward webpage.
4. What happens if my campaign doesn't reach its goal?
If a campaign is not fully funded, any monies raised will still be allocated to the campaign. All funds should be used to offset the cost of the promoted project. If the promoted project cannot be completed for any reason, including lack of funds, the monies will be allocated toward a like cause at the discretion of the UL Lafayette Foundation.